Significance of the Preamble
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Constitution of India. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Preamble and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Preamble. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Significance of Preamble.
|SIGNIFICANCE OF PREAMBLE|
- It is an important guide and serves as Guiding light to interpret the true spirit of the Constitution.
- Helps in determining constitutional validity of legislative or an executive action.
- Preamble is the ‘horoscope of our sovereign democratic republic’ – K.M. Munshi
- Embodies the basic philosophy and fundamental values – political, moral and religious–on which the Constitution is based.
- It is the soul of our Constitution, which lays down the pattern of our political society. It contains a solemn resolve, which nothing but a revolution can alter – M. Hidayatullah