Swaran Singh Committee Recommendations (1976)
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Fundamental Duties. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Fundamental Duties and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Fundamental Duties. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Swaran Singh Committee Recommendations (1976).
|SWARAN SINGH COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS (1976)|
- Recommended the inclusion of a separate chapter on fundamental duties in the Constitution consists of only one article – Art. 51A
- Suggested the incorporation of eight Fundamental Duties in the Constitution.
- Parliament may provide legislation for the imposition of penalty or punishment for non-observance or infringement of duties.
- Law imposing penalty or punishment shall be out of the purview of judicial review on the ground of infringement of any of Fundamental Rights or on the ground of contravention to any other provision of the Constitution.
- Duty to pay taxes should also be a Fundamental Duty of the citizens.