Notion of Duty Under Indian Constitution
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Fundamental Duties. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Fundamental Duties and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Fundamental Duties. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Notion of Duty Under Indian Constitution.
|NOTION OF DUTY UNDER INDIAN CONSTITUTION|
- Since ancient times, “Dharma” as sense of duty has been integrated into Indian way of life.
- Inclusion of part IVA is constitutional endorsement of Indian way of life – tolerance, mutual respect, pluralism, dignity of women, inter alia.
- Rights and Duties are two sides of same coin – Integral, inseparable and correlative.
- Performance and observance of Duties would fulfil the promises of Part III and IV.
- Duties serves as warning and reminder against anti-social activities.
- Duties signifies and envisages citizen’s active role in process of nation building rather than mute spectator.