Criticism of Duties
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Fundamental Duties. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Fundamental Duties and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Fundamental Duties. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Criticism of Duties.
|CRITICISM OF DUTIES|
- Terms are vague and difficult to comprehend by common man, leads to different interpretations – e.g. Noble ideals, strive toward excellence, spirit of enquiry.
- Merely the code of moral precepts due to their non-justiciable nature.
- Wrongly sequenced – Should have been added after Part III so as to keep them on par with Fundamental Rights.
- Mere appendage to Part IV (DPSPs) and increased the burden of Part III (FR)
- List is not exhaustive enough – Paying taxes, voting in election not included.