Why amending the Constitution Necessary
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Amendment of the Constitution. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Amendment of the Constitution and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Amendment of the Constitution. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Why amending the Constitution is Necessary.
|WHY AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION NECESSARY?|
- To make constitution (fundamental law of the land) more relevant documentr.t. changing conditions and contemporary realities.
- To align it with changing needs and aspirations of society.
- To ensure synchronisation between constitutional setup and policy and programmes of incumbent government.
- To meet unforeseen exigencies of situation such as CAA 2019, Bangladesh enclave exchanges (100th CAA), extending reservation to SC/ST for next 10 years (upto 2030).
- To ensure social, economic, political justice as enshrined in preamble of the constitution.
- To achieve the goal of inclusive and equitable society.
- Amendability provides flexibility and adaptability to constitutional framework