Terminologies of Preamble
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Constitution of India. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Preamble and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Preamble. This article will provide you with relevant details about the Terminologies of Preamble.
- Instruments of direct democracy – Referendum, Initiative, Recall and Plebiscite.
- Referendum – procedure wherein proposed legislation is referred to the electorate for settlement by their direct votes.
- Initiative – Method by means of which the people can propose a bill to the legislature for enactment.
- Recall – Method by means of which the voters can remove a representative or an officer before the expiry of his term, when he fails to discharge his duties properly.
- Plebiscite – Method of obtaining the opinion India’s of people on any issue of public importance. It is generally used to solve the territorial disputes.