Amendment of the Constitution
AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION
The topic, ‘Important Amendments in Indian Constitution,’ comes under the GS-II syllabus of the IAS Exam. Get the list of major amendments to the Indian Constitution in this article.
“The amending process has proved itself one of the most ably conceived aspects of the Constitution. Although it appears complicated, it is merely diverse” – Granville Austin
- Constitution of India is living document as it provides for its amendment in order to adjust itself to the changing conditions and needs.
- Amendability provides flexibility and adaptability to constitutional framework to align itself with contemporary developments, thus makes it more relevant document of the time.
To prepare for Indian Polity for any competitive exam, aspirants have to know about the basics of the Amendment of the Constitution. It gives an idea of all the topics important for IAS Exam and the polity syllabus (GS-II). Amendment of the Constitution and related topics are extremely important for the UPSC Exam. This is an essential portion of the polity. As IAS aspirants, you should be thorough with the Amendment of the Constitution. This article will provide you with relevant details about the following topics:
- Constitutional Provisions of Amendment
- Mind of Constitution Makers
- Amending Procedure of the Constitution
- Amending the Constitution
- Important Amendments
- Suggestions for Amendment Process
- Why amending the Constitution Necessary
- Informal Way of Amending the Constitution
- Danger of Frequent Amendments
- Amendment through Political Consensus
- Criticism of the Amendment Procedure