ONLYIAS WRITING PRACTICE 2020 -15 December 2019
- December 15, 2019
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Answer Writing Practice
WEEKLY UPSC IAS ETHICS CASE STUDIES AND ESSAY WRITING PRACTICE – 2020
1) Root cause of our social and national degradation is our treatment of women. (1000-1200 words)
Ethics case study
2) You are a no-nonsense, honest officer. You have been transferred to a remote district to head a department that is notorious for its inefficiency and callousness. You find that the main cause of the poor state of affairs is the indiscipline of a section of employees. They do not work themselves and also disrupt the working of others. You first warned the troublemakers to mend their ways or else face disciplinary action. When the warning had little effect, you issued a show cause notice to the ringleaders. As a retaliatory measure, these troublemakers instigated a woman employee amongst them to file a complaint of sexual harassment against you with the Women’s Commission. The Commission promptly seeks your explanation. The matter is also publicized in the media to embarrass you further. Some of the options to handle this situation could be as follows :(250 words)
- Give your explanation to the Commission and go soft on the disciplinary action.
- Ignore the Commission and proceed firmly with the disciplinary action.
- Brief your higher-ups, seek directions from them and act accordingly.