ONLYIAS WRITING PRACTICE 2020 -1 December 2019
- December 1, 2019
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Answer Writing Practice
WEEKLY UPSC IAS ETHICS CASE STUDIES AND ESSAY WRITING PRACTICE – 2020
1) Reality does not conform to the ideal, but confirms it. (1000-1200 words)
Ethics case study
2) You are heading a leading technical institute of the country. The institute is planning to convene an interview panel shortly under your chairmanship for selection of the post of professors. A few days before the interview, you get a call from the Personal Secretary (PS) of a senior government functionary seeking your intervention in favour of the selection of a close relative of the functionary for this post. The PS also informs you that he is aware of the long pending and urgent proposals of your institute for grant of funds for modernization, which are awaiting the functionary’s approval. He assures you that he would get these proposals cleared. (20 marks | 250 words)
- What are the options available to you?
- Evaluate each of these options and choose the option which you would adopt, giving reasons.