Do you support, India’s participation in china’s proposed One Road One Belt initiative?
Points in Favour of Joining
- As all neighbours of India are joining, so India cannot remain isolate for long.
- will get vast market
- Energy security
- From this initiative, this south Asian region will tend towards stability, which is also in India’s interest.
- Prosper region will may the cause of terror organizations irrelevant.
- Facilitates India to balance the trade loss by TPP.
Points Against joining
- one of its offshoot is passing through POK, which is against India’s sovereignty
- china influence in this region will increase.
- North East security concerns
- China’s presence in Indian ocean will also increase, raising security concerns for India.
- China’s products may flood India’s Market
- Against USA’s Pivot policy which India is Part of
- Being a major competitor in African market, India may lose its trade portion.
- Disturbs the healthy relations of India with U.S. in terms of trade sanctions.
These are just points, what do you think? write your opinion.